1. You cannot love others while judging them, don’t judge.
Sure, we might think we care about someone but if we are judging them we are not truly loving them. If you want to really love a person you need to let go of judgment. Judging someone never does any good.
2. Spend time alone, daily.
Spending time alone is beneficial for all of us. If you don’t spend time on your own to recharge you will end up completely drained. This is a good form of self-care.
3. If you want to be happy you need to look at your own actions.
If you ever want real happiness you have to look at the things you’re doing. You cannot keep doing the same shit and expect different results. Change your life if you really want to change your life.
4. If you do not find peace within you will not find it in the outer world, work within first.
Finding peace is not going to be easy and it is going to be a journey inside of yourself. If you keep blaming others and looking elsewhere to solve this issue it will never get solved. Sometimes this is the best step that can be taken.
5. Never be afraid to show compassion.
Compassion is something that helps us become better people. Being afraid to show compassion is being afraid to be your truest form in many ways. Always show compassion even when it seems silly.
6. Learn the rules so you can break them properly.
Sometimes rules need to be broken. Not all rules are as white and black as you might think. The gray area is quite prominent.
7. Being kind is important.
Being kind is crucial for really moving forward. When you can be kind, you should be kind and you can always be kind. There are no excuses.
8. Always judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
If what you had to give up was more than you feel your success was worth then did you really succeed? Make sure that the price you’re paying is one you don’t mind paying. Far too many people make this mistake and do not realize it until it is too late.
9. When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take the steps to correct it.
If you realize you have done something wrong or made a mistake you should immediately take the steps to make things right. It doesn’t matter how hard to mistake is to face or what it is, it needs to be dealt with. Do not let your mind confuse you.
10. Sometimes knowing when to be silent is crucial.
Sometimes saying nothing is worth more than a million words. Knowing when to be silent is important. Know when to speak and when not to speak.
11. Share your knowledge with others.
Don’t be stingy. Always be open to sharing your knowledge with those who do not mind you sharing it. If you can help someone else in some way, do it.
12. Let your enemy teach you tolerance if nothing else.
Our enemies teach us several different things. They teach us patience, what to look out for, and who not to trust but above all else, they teach us tolerance. Tolerance is important.
13. Conquer your anger and hatred.
Getting over your anger and hatred regardless of who or what it is towards is important. This will help you better yourself and allow you to overcome things. If you don’t do this, you will regret it.
14. All suffering is caused by ignorance, don’t be ignorant.
Suffering stems from ignorance be it ours or the ignorance of others. Don’t be ignorant. Allow yourself the time and knowledge needed to be more than that in all possible ways.
15. Smile as often as possible.
Smiling makes everyone’s worlds a bit brighter. When you can smile, smile. You’d be surprised what a difference it makes in the worlds of those around you.
16. You can be open to change and still have values, don’t let them go.
Don’t let go of your values for something that doesn’t really matter. Hold onto them if that is what you want to do. Being open to change doesn’t mean you have to close yourself off to all you know.
17. Keep your heart open in order to keep your mind open.
If your heart is not open your mind will also not be open. Opening up your heart allows your mind to be as wide as it can be. Do not let this change.
18. Do not let the actions of others control you.
The actions of others should not determine your own. You are your own person. You do not have to follow anyone.
19. Never forget that money and power are not where happiness comes from.
Sure, they are nice to have but they are not where happiness comes from. Happiness comes from within. You cannot simply find it.
20. Strive to be the best you that you can be.
Being the best you that you can be can mean a lot of different things. Figure out what it means to you and go for it. You can achieve so much more than you think.